Jul 2, 2013

Downtown Sketches

Saturday morning we went to downtown San Luis Obispo. Mark talked about how climate can influence architecture and how cities grow through history. We were given a list of things to sketch (building facades, street lamps, store windows, people on benches, etc.) and went in small groups to explore the town.  

After getting a nice refreshing frozen yogurt, I sat down to draw this building. I love the angles of the roof and the stairwell. 


Then I drew a doorway at Pottery Barn. I like the pattern of the overhang although the perspective isn't perfect.


Next I drew another roof corner that had some hanging lights in front of it. 
 

Next I drew a light with intricate metalwork. 
 

And then I drew one of my group members sitting on a bench. 
 

And last but not least, another store front with cool herringbone pattern brickwork. 
 

Can't wait to go sketch back in my home town!

1 comment:

  1. I will buy you a case of sketch pads ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember NOT TO ADD LINKS because then your comment will be filtered as SPAM! You can sign in with a name and URL if you would like me to visit your blog. Thanks!

You Might Also Like...