My "Clerestory house"

Most people would just about shrivel up and die if you asked them to define (or even pronounce) "clerestory" And just yesterday I would have been one of those people.

Different forms of clerestory are found all over architecture:
Egyptian temples,
Roman palaces and churches,
Italian churches, and more recently,
modern-style homes.

But you may still be asking: what is a clerestory?
(And if you aren't asking this, you probably got confused by the big words I used earlier and stopped reading)
Well, your answer changes with time:
During the Roman time, the clerestory was a level of windows in a large building (like a church or business center)
In current modern architecture, clerestories are windows above eyelevel.

An easy way to remember the meaning of clerestory is to separate it into two words: clere (or clear) and story. It's a clear story; a high window.



Well, enough of that technical talk. Here is my "clerestory house":


If walls could dream... I probably put them to sleep with all my boring "architecture history" talk. Sorry!